1C:Enterprise 8.x Platform
Benefits for corporate use
1C: Enterprise 8 values
- ERP Functionality
- New state of the art technology and database design
- Capability of work with big amount of items
- Automated Interface with other systems
- 1C:Enterprise 8 is a framework for building business applications (solutions) using the new V8 platform
- Work in any languages
The localization support included in the 1C:Enterprise platform accommodates numerous interface languages. More than that there are means for displaying international data/time/numbers and written form for numbers and time periods.
- Dual currency accounting
- System supports downloading reports to Excel
- Report generation is user friendly
- Customizable business application
- Most reports are user definable
Graphic User Interface
- Standard 1C: Enterprise 8 Corporate Finance Management supplied with Russian interface
- Interface in English will be customized based on Business requirements detailed in the customers’ technical specification
- Based on our experience localization is applied only to the pertinent parts of the application
- 1C: Enterprise Configuration supports mixed or separate English/Russian interfaces
Advantages of 1C system
- The application is easy to configure and customize
- The implementation of specialized solutions requires minimal time
- Availability of 1C Certified personnel
- 1C partners and 1C-Rarus provide various support and implementation in Russia, Germany, Europe and CIS countries
- 91% * of companies in Russia and the CIS are using 1C products (i.e. over 1 million companies)
Description of platform 1C:Enterprise 8
Software system 1C:Enterprise 8.x includes the platform itself and software and specific applications, e.g. 1C:Accounting 8. Using one platform, it’s possible to automate activities of a company’s departments, different companies and business areas by purchasing appropriate configurations of the program and integrating them into a common information space.
Platform 1C:Enterprise 8.x takes advantage of experience in implementing the previous versions of 1C:Enterprise where tens of thousands of developers contributed and on which there are hundreds of applications and hundreds of thousands of custom designed solutions. This new version of 1C:Enterprise (8.2) has retained ideological continuity with previous versions.
1C:Enterprise 8.x is a versatile platform for automation of accounting and management in a variety of environments such as manufacturing enterprises, state-financed and commercial organizations, wholesale and retail enterprises, service sector, etc.
Software system 1C:Enterprise 8.x provides:
- support of enterprise-wide operations management;
- automation of organizational and economic activities;
- bookkeeping with several charts of accounts and in multiple levels;
- statutory reporting;
- wide range of possibilities for management accounting and generating analytical reports;
- support of multicurrency accounting;
- solution for task scheduling, budgeting and financial analysis;
- payroll and personnel management.
Ergonomic user interface
New modern interface provides a short learning curve for beginners and high speed of work for experienced users:
- mass input of information through the function “input by string” and keyboard shortcuts;
- short learning curve;
- usability of big dynamical lists, visibility and order control for columns, filtering and sorting adjustment;
- development of multilingual application solution;
- full text search in data;
- report generating of any complexity.
Economical and analytical reporting
Integrated tools for report and printed forms generation provide unlimited possibilities in design and use:
- hierarchical, multidimensional and cross-reports;
- broad fiscal modeling capability;
- groupings and decryptions in reports simplify understanding of complex data files;
- summary tables for multidimensional data analysis, dynamic changes in structure of the report;
- different diagram types for graphical representation.
Scalability of the 1C:Enterprise 8.x system allows working both in single-use and in multi-user modes with simultaneous access to the same data.
1C:Enterprise 8.x enables the user to maintain the same efficiency whether working with small or large numbers of tasks or processing simple or complex data. Technological platform of 1C:Enterprise 8.x includes set of tools which optimize the work-speed of applications and support the following operation modes:
- single-user mode for small organizations or home;
- file mode for multi-user mode, providing ease of installation and use;
- client / server way is implemented as a of three-tier architecture using a server cluster "1C: Enterprise 8.x" and DBMS: Microsoft SQL Server™, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL. Provides secure storage and effective data processing during simultaneous operation of a large number of users;
- using mechanism of distributed databases for use in geographically distributed systems. The mechanism provides an identical configuration of databases and allows you to exchange data without additional programming.
1C:Enterprise 8.x system provides handy tools for administration:
- programming environment;
- authentication mechanisms;
- user list;
- task mechanism;
- lists of common databases;
- access log and process log;
- unloading, uploading, testing and repair of database;
- database tuning;
- automatic configuration update;
- administration of client-server work mode;
- database recovery;
- 1C:Perfomance management center;
- 1C:Quality control center;
- equipment selection, etc.
Fast development and modification
The basic 1C:Enterprise 8.x system includes configurator (available at1C:Enterprise 8.x launch). This mode is used to modify the existing application and to create new one. It also performs administrative actions on the database.
However, there are a number of tools, not directly related to the configurator, which are also designed to facilitate the developers’ work : standardization of development technologies for application solutions, the tree of configuration objects, the mechanism of sub-systems, group development, etc.
Integration with other systems
The openness of 1C: Enterprise 8.x enables integration with virtually any external software and hardware based on universally accepted open standards and protocols of data exchange:
- external connection
- automation Client/Server
- dissimilar technology of external components
- ActiveDocument layout
- internet integration
- data exchange tools
- web-services tools
- XDTO tools
Advantages of 1C:Enterprise 8 platform
Main advantages and new possibilities of software on platform 1C:Enterprise 8 (for users)
- Flexible adjustment of reports and data displays.
- Intuitive report generator allows independently create new reports without call to specialists.
- String input provides fast input of known names and significantly increases work-speed (with experience).
- Multiple search filters for reference books, documents, etc.
- Flexible lists printing allows choosing pertinent columns as well as outputting the table with a hierarchical layout.
- User specific save settings.
- Reports in form of summary tables and summary charts, possibility of independent report adjustment.
- Gantt Charts.
- Groupings simplify the process of working with large, complex databases by condensing information into manageable pieces.
- Pictures and any digital documents can be stored in the database.
- Nomenclature accounting by arbitrary chosen characteristics.
New features of 1C:Enterprise 8 for administration
- Administrative installation of 1C:Enterprise 8 platform to simplify updating.
- Convenient administration of client-server mode.
- Adherence to Windows-authentication protocol speeds start-up of 1C:Enterprise 8.
- Simplified backup of databases.
Advantages of 1C:Enterprise 8 for IT-services
- Added functionality: vast new set of subsystems and functions, expanded scalability options and much more.
- Multi-user mode supports simultaneous work of large numbers of users without any significant reduction in response time.
- Scalability of 1C:Enterprise 8 provides flexibility in the number of users and system functionality. The same application solution can be used in a single- and multi-user mode without modification. Therefore as the number of users increases you can switch to client-server mode and further enhance system performance.
- Integration with almost any external software and hardware based on universally accepted open standards and protocols of data transfer.
Advantages on licensing 1C:Enterprise 8
- New licensing terms of 1C:Enterprise 8 software allow increasing the number of workplaces and transferring from single-user mode to either file-server mode and client-server mode without upgrading the main software.
- 1C:Enterprise 8 doesn’t require additional licenses for work with distributed databases since transfer mechanisms are already included in the platform.
Internationalization of the platform
Localization support parameter selection
Localization support of 1C:Enterprise platform allows using various interface languages both when developing an application and at the user interface. In addition, there are means for international data/time/numbers representation and the display form of numbers and periods.
All configuration texts of an application are stored in a database in UNICODE format. A user can enter data in any language, e.g. if a product item description should include some text in the language of the manufacturer. In these cases the system performs filtration and sorting on such texts seamlessly.
International dates and numbers supported for the most European languages
There is the capability to adjust a particular application to use specific display conventions for a particular country. In that case regional settings used in a database may be set by an administrator, different from the default system settings (see the picture).
If none of the properties has been set, the local standards are defined by the operating system settings.
The ‘Language (country)’ field defines a set of predefined local standards for a certain country. Selection of a country provides proper formatting of dates, time, numbers for the country. At this moment following local standards are supported:
| Afrikaans (South Africa)
Czech (Czech Republic)
English (Great Britain)
English (New Zeland)
English (Trinidad and Tobago)
English (South Africa)
Spanish (Costa Rica)
Spanish (Dominican Rep.)
Spanish (Spain, traditional sort)
Spanish (Puerto Rico)
Spanish (El Salvador)
Faroese (Faroe Islands)
Serbian (Cyrillic alphabet) (Serbia)
Serbian (Roman alphabet) (Serbia)
‘The preview’ shows formats according to a local standard selected.
The platform interface
When developing an application one can choose a GUI language. At this moment the platform’s interface includes the following versions:
and more to come.
Platform localization process management
1C Company provides all relevant materials and the platform localization technology to its partners. The partner performs the localization and sends the resultant database back to 1C. 1C builds in the localized resources to main release and produces a localized version of the platform.
One should also take into account, that localization, like development, is an on-going process. Help and forms are updated as development progresses, and the localizer is responsible for keeping the localized version up-to-date, even after a format software release. All contract terms with the localizer are detailed in a separate Localization Agreement, signed by a localizing company and 1C.
1C Enterprise Data Interface with other systems
Every accounting system must fit both business requirements and legislative norms.
The basic accounting requirement in Russia is a paper document for any transaction in a system. This means that for each transaction between a customer and a supplier a lot of paper documents have to be printed. 1C:Enterprise is a family of applications which provide complete functionality for numerous type of business and accounting activities. These applications fully meet legal requirements, provide all necessary printed forms, and cover all normal business activities.
Three common solutions are:
Provides complete list of statutory and tax reporting, manages bank transactions, cash, payables, receivables, fixed assets, goods movement, sales, purchases.
Provides full support for sales and purchase activities, such as: sales and purchase orders management, price management, payables and receivables, supply chain management, service sales, uploads data to 1C:Accounting.
Provides HR management, payroll, tax calculation, statutory reporting, uploads data to 1C:Accounting.
1C:Enterprise, as a modern platform, has a wide range of integration options (file exchange, COM+, OLE). 1C-Rarus implemented many projects of integration between 1C:Enterprise based application and other accounting systems.
Integration of 1C and other accounting systems
For business activity in the Russian Federation, a huge flow of working papers, documents and certificates must be controlled. The following list represents just a small slice of what is required.
- Exchange paper documents (with stamps and signatures) with contractors (Torg-12, invoices, acceptance certificate, 1Т, etc).
- If you import goods, they must clear customs and an SCT number is assigned to each lot of goods. When you print invoices, you have to print SCT number and country of origin for each lot. That means accounting by SCT number is necessary.
- Bookkeeping, tax and regulatory accounting for reporting to state organizations, calculating taxes and fund contributions.
From a technical point of view 1C can interact with other accounting systems on the following levels:
- File. File exchange of any readable format (txt, XML, XLS, DBF, etc.) through FTP, E-mail, or HTTP.
- Loading information from other database through ODBC driver.
- 1C works both with OLE and COM+ servers, in which other systems upload data.
We have implemented 1C integration projects with other accounting systems. Integration was conducted on following levels:
- Loading into 1C:Enterprise customer orders and incoming invoices from other accounting system. 1C:Enterprise controls warehouses and generates shipment transactions. Also it uploads result data into the other accounting system.
- Download to 1C all transactions on goods movement (inflow, shipping, cancellation, posting). 1C prints documents (Torg-12, invoices), manages the mutual settlement (bank-client), unloads final data to the other accounting system.
- 1C provides complete customer orders and shipments management, downloads supplier’s orders from other system and uploads incoming invoices.
Example of interaction of 1C with sided accounting system: